We're here for you
We'll do our best to answer your questions related to electricity for your home or business. If you still can't find what you're looking for, call us to speak with a customer service advisor or visit our downtown Whitehorse office for additional information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I pay my bill?
How do I read and understand my bill effectively?
Every month, we send our our Residential and General Service customers a statement of their account. The back of each statement provides additional information for many elements listed on your statement.
- Who regulates ATCO Electric Yukon's rates?
What is a rate rider?
Rate riders are temporary charges or credits set by the Yukon Utilities Board. They help account for changes between interim and final rates. Riders exist for various reasons and periods of time. We list all of the current rate riders on our website.
What do I do if I am moving?
If you are a new customer to ATCO Electric Yukon please contact our office with the following information available:
- New residence or business address
- Daytime telephone number
- Date of occupancy
- Employer information
- Mailing address (if different than service address)
- A security deposit may be required for new customers.
If you are an existing customer and you are moving your account, please contact our office with the following information available:
- Date moving out of current address
- Date moving into new address
- Forward mailing address (if required)
Please Note: For changes to services a minimum of 48 hours is required for change to take effect.
I’m a landlord and/or property manager; how do I list these premises with ATCO Electric Yukon?
Please provide a list of your rental properties with the complete service address, including the name of the city or town.
For any rental properties listed, you will need to choose one of the following options when a tenant vacates the premises:
- Power left on and switched to your name all year: There will be a service fee added to your power bill each time the power is put back in your name. You will be billed under the current rate (customer or demand charge plus energy charge);
- Summer/Winter Combination: Power is turned off during summer months, which are from Apr 15 to Oct 15 but left on and switched to your name during winter months which are from Oct 16 to Apr 14.
There will be a service fee added to your power bill each time the power is put in your name. You will be billed under the current rate (customer or demand charge plus energy charge). Please note that during the summer you must call the office for a reconnect.
Please download the Premise Vacancy Agreement for Rental Properties Form and return it by mail or fax to:
ATCO Electric Yukon
100-1100 Front Street
How do I get in touch with someone at ATCO Electric Yukon?
We're always happy to speak with our customers. Get in touch with us in one of the following ways: