Yukoners: Smarter Heating Devices Save Power, Get Yours Today
Be a part of the change and help build Yukon's sustainable energy future.
In Yukon, power demand spikes on cold winter mornings and evenings when residents need more heat, all at the same time. These are called peak hours. It’s during these times that Yukon Energy uses more liquefied natural gas and diesel to generate the power you need to stay warm.
We are excited to introduce a new program called Peak Smart that offers Yukoners the option to change to smarter heating devices to help lower the electricity demand during peak hours. Peak Smart is a 2-year residential demand pilot program that offers Yukon residents the chance to get free peak-shifting thermostats and a hot water tank controller. For more information, download the brochure or call us at 867-633-7000.
- Have an electric baseboard heater with wall mounted thermostats or electric hot water tank
- Have cable internet connection
- Own your home and live in it for most of the winter
- Live in a home connected to the Yukon grid
- Have an electric utility account in good standing
- Allow Yukon Energy to control your peak-shifting thermostats or hot water tank controller a few hours before a peak event (maximum of 12 times per winter season). *
*other criteria also apply.