OUR RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU.
As we navigate the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, the health and safety of our customers, communities and our people is what we care about most.
ATCO has been closely monitoring the developments associated COVID-19, and in early February, 2020, we activated our Pandemic Response Plan. Since then our teams across the globe have been preparing for and responding to this rapidly changing situation. To ensure the health of our employees, and to sustain operations through the pandemic, we have implemented several enhanced protocols, including:
- Travel restrictions (specific to Yukon, this includes adjusted meter reading schedules in some communities)
- Enhanced workplace hygiene practices
- Limiting visitor and public access to our facilities (specific to Yukon, our office is closed to the public)
- Alternative work options for employees where possible (i.e. telecommuting)
- Cancelling or postponing large events and employee gatherings
As a provider of essential services around the world, we are determined to continue delivering the reliable service you need. To ensure our employees go home safely each day and to protect those in the communities we serve, our people who have direct interactions with customers will be practicing responsible social distancing and, in some instances, may wear enhanced personal protective equipment if needed.
We’re committed to doing our part to limit the spread of COVID-19 by following the guidance of local health authorities and governments where we operate. We continue to actively monitor the situation and will act accordingly as new information becomes available. We will provide updates on our website regularly, and will share new and relevant information through our social media channels.
To our customers around the world, please stay safe—we look forward to lending you our support through this challenging time.
For our customers in Yukon Territory, we have worked closely with Yukon Energy Corporation and below is our commitment to customers in the territory.
We understand these are difficult times for a number of households and businesses in Yukon. Now, more than ever, Yukoners need customized and flexible solutions.
ATCO Electric Yukon and Yukon Energy are working with customers who are finding it difficult to make bill payments because of COVID-19 on a case-by-case basis.
Working together, both utilities have committed to:
- Not disconnecting anyone’s power for non-payment at this time;
- Offering flexible bill payment options to residents and business owners; and
- Working together with Yukon government to explore what other options may be available.
If a Yukon resident or business is finding it difficult to make bill payments on their power bill right now because of COVID-19, they are encouraged to call ATCO Electric Yukon or Yukon Energy, whichever company they receive their power bill from.
ATCO Electric Yukon and Yukon Energy both remain deeply committed to delivering reliable power and assistance to Yukoners when and where it’s needed.