We're committed to building great partnerships within our communities
At ATCO, we strive to build and maintain sincere, mutually beneficial relationships with Indigenous communities based on respect, trust, understanding and transparency.
We provide longstanding support to Indigenous organizations and initiatives that contribute to sustainable economic and social development of Indigenous communities near our operations. We believe our investment in the education and opportunities of young Indigenous leaders is the key to the future. ATCO believes in supporting the dreams and goals of our youth as we ultimately benefit from their leadership and energy in the future.
ATCO also invests in a multitude of events and initiatives that preserve and honour the many unique Indigenous cultures.
Indigenous Education Awards
Our Indigenous Education Awards Program supports First Nation, Inuit and Métis students across Canada by providing financial assistance to help them in their quest for higher education. These awards, bursaries and scholarships are given to students who demonstrate leadership capabilities and strive to be role models in their schools and communities.
There are three different awards available:
- Merit Awards ($500) – for students completing Grades 10 – 12, including upgrading;
- Bursaries ($1,000) – for students enrolled in trade, diploma or certificate programs;
- Scholarships ($1,500) – for students enrolled in degree or graduate programs.
There is a maximum of one award per applicant per year. Students must re-apply each year if they wish to be considered.
You can apply for one of our Indigenous Education Awards if you:
- Are a Canadian Indigenous person;
- Are enrolled full-time in high school (including upgrading) or an accredited post-secondary institution or training program;
- Are not the child of an ATCO employee.
The deadline to submit applications for the 2022 Indigenous Education Awards was August 15, and we are no longer accepting applications. Our 2023 Indigenous Education Awards will open in March 2023.
Thank you to everyone who applied.