Powering the Yukon
We currently serve more than 18,000 customers in 19 communities in the territory. In addition to distributing power to customers, we are also responsible for:
- Meter reading and customer billing,
- Responding to power outages,
- Owning and operating the 1.3 MW Fish Lake hydro plant near Whitehorse,
- Generating power in the five Yukon communities that rely on diesel power, and
- Operating six stand-by diesel power generation facilities in the Territory.
Our head office and service centre are in Whitehorse, Yukon. We are regulated by the Yukon Utilities Board, which means our rates are reviewed, scrutinized and approved through a quasi-judicial process.