Make budgeting easier
We're helping make budgeting easier with our convenient Budget Payment Plan. You can manage your electricity bill by equalizing your payments throughout the year.
Sign up in early spring, between April and May to:
- Divide your annual power costs into equal monthly payments
- Know in advance what your monthly power bill will be
- Help equalize your electric heat bills among high and low months throughout the year
Are you ready?
Sign up early Spring between April and May to set up your Budget Payment Plan. More more information, visit our office or call us today!
How it works
- We calculate your monthly payment by dividing your total annual electricity costs by 12 months.
- We bill you for this amount in each of the next 11 months starting in May.
- In the 12th month (April) we compare your actual power use with your budgeted amounts billed. Your bill this month is the difference between what you have paid and your actual consumption. If your actual power use was less than your equalized payments, you’ll see a credit on your statement. If your actual power use was more than your equalized payments, you’ll see an amount owing.
- We may revise your monthly payment amount during the year to make sure it closely reflects your actual usage. This will ensure the credit or amount owing in the 12th month is close to your budget amount.
Please notify us if you make changes, such as installing a hot tub or baseboard heater, that may significantly change the amount of power you use.
Who is eligible?
Any monthly billed residential customer can sign up for equalized budget payments.
How do I sign up?
Visit or phone our office to make arrangements to sign up. Sign up between April and May to set up your Budget Payment Plan.