Understanding electricity costs
ATCO Electric Yukon is regulated by the Yukon Utilities Board (YUB). You can learn more about the Board on their website.
Current approved rates
Our website has the most current rates approved by the Yukon Utilities Board.
- YECL YEC Rate Schedule effective August 1, 2022
- 2022-08 YEC Rider J1 Rate Schedule
- Rider F Rate Change Advisory to YUB - Effective August 1, 2022
- Secondary Sales Rate - July 1, 2022
- YECL Rider S Rate Schedule effective August 1, 2019
- Interim Electrical Rebate (June 1, 2021)
Rider F on customer bills is used to collect or refund to customers the difference between actual and forecasted fuel prices. It is a flow-through debit or credit. Like all rates and riders, any adjustment to Rider F is approved by the Yukon Utilities Board before it is applied to customer bills. Information about ATCO Electric Yukon and Yukon Energy's combined Diesel Fuel Price Variance (Rider F) account balance can be found in the latest quarter-end report.
ATCO Electric Yukon's Terms and Conditions provide details about the conditions of electrical service as well as the company’s and customer’s responsibilities. They are approved by the Yukon Utilities Board.
Rate Relief Application
ATCO Electric Yukon has filed an application with the Yukon Utilities Board for approval of certain rate relief proposals affecting residential and commercial non-government ratepayers in the Yukon. Pending Ministerial approval, the Board anticipates that this proceeding will follow a written process.
Schedule of Proceeding
The Board has established the following schedule for this written proceeding:
- Notice of Application published - August 16, 2022
- Register with the Board - August 23, 2022
- Information Requests (IRs) to AEY - August 30, 2022
- Information Request Responses from AEY - September 6, 2022
- Final written submissions interveners - September 13, 2022
- Written reply submission - September 20, 2022
Persons intending to participate in the written hearing and other process steps are to register in writing with the Board's Executive Secretary no later than Tuesday, August 16, 2022, indicating the nature of their interest and the issues of interest in relation to the Application.
Clarification and Board Contact
Persons intending to participate and who are uncertain as to the manner in which to proceed may contact Mrs. Deana Lemke, Executive Secretary, Yukon Utilities Board, by telephone at (867) 687-5058, in writing at Box 31728, Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 6L3, by email to email@example.com or by fax at (867) 687-5059.