Understanding electricity costs
ATCO Electric Yukon is regulated by the Yukon Utilities Board (YUB). You can learn more about the Board on their website.
AEY/YEC implemented the following change effective April 1, 2023:
- Rider R1, ATCO Electric Temporary Rate Adjustment Rider has been changed from -4.57 % to 0%
- Rate 32- Secondary Energy has changed from 12.9 ¢/kWh to 13.3¢/kWh
- Rate 43 – Wholesale Secondary has changed from 11.8¢/kWh to 12.2¢/kWh
Current approved rates
Our website has the most current rates approved by the Yukon Utilities Board.
- YECL YEC Rate Schedule effective April 1, 2023
- YEC Rider R1 Rate Schedule
- YEC Rider J1 Rate Schedule
- YECL Rider S Rate Schedule effective August 1, 2019
- Interim Electrical Rebate (June 1, 2021)
Rider F on customer bills is used to collect or refund to customers the difference between actual and forecasted fuel prices. It is a flow-through debit or credit. Like all rates and riders, any adjustment to Rider F is approved by the Yukon Utilities Board before it is applied to customer bills. Information about ATCO Electric Yukon and Yukon Energy's combined Diesel Fuel Price Variance (Rider F) account balance can be found in the latest quarter-end report.
ATCO Electric Yukon's Terms and Conditions provide details about the conditions of electrical service as well as the company’s and customer’s responsibilities. They are approved by the Yukon Utilities Board.
Understand your bill
Want to know more about how your bill is calculated? Use our BIll Calculator for a detailed breakdown.
Rate Relief Application
ATCO Electric Yukon has filed an application with the Yukon Utilities Board for approval of certain rate relief proposals affecting residential and commercial non-government ratepayers in the Yukon. Pending Ministerial approval, the Board anticipates that this proceeding will follow a written process.
Schedule of Proceeding
The Board has established the following schedule for this written proceeding:
- Notice of Application published - August 16, 2022
- Register with the Board - August 23, 2022
- Information Requests (IRs) to AEY - August 30, 2022
- Information Request Responses from AEY - September 6, 2022
- Final written submissions interveners - September 13, 2022
- Written reply submission - September 20, 2022
Persons intending to participate in the written hearing and other process steps are to register in writing with the Board's Executive Secretary no later than Tuesday, August 16, 2022, indicating the nature of their interest and the issues of interest in relation to the Application.
Clarification and Board Contact
Persons intending to participate and who are uncertain as to the manner in which to proceed may contact Mrs. Deana Lemke, Executive Secretary, Yukon Utilities Board, by telephone at (867) 687-5058, in writing at Box 31728, Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 6L3, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (867) 687-5059.
AEY Rate Application July 18, 2022